Level 4 Recon (common parts 2 and 3)
Last edited by JeanInkura:
Fri, 10 Mar 2017 21:10 UTC
Fri, 10 Mar 2017 21:10 UTC
Here is a video of part 2 and 3.
Recon (2 of 3)
Mission type: Encounter
Space type: Deadspace (MWD works)
Damage dealt: All types (Thermal: 41%, Kin: 24%, EM: 21%, Exp: 14% from Ambush One.)
Web/Scramble: Mercenary Wingman
Recommended damage dealing: Therm/Kin
Recommended ship class: T2/T3 cruiser and higher or almost any fast ship to blitz.
Video: Ishtar blitz, Kronos Part 1,2 & 3
No Hostiles at initial gate.
No aggro upon warp-in. The locked acceleration gate (mission objective) is 72km away from the warp-in point.
The Mining Corporation Headquarters station is about 10km away.
Ambush Spawn 1 is triggered when the Mining Corporation Headquarters station is attacked OR when your ship is within 10km from locked acceleration gate.
Ambush Spawn 2 is triggered when your ship is within 10km from locked acceleration gate.
Ambush Spawn 1:1x Mercenary Cruise Missile Battery (Cataclysm Cruise Missile)
2x Mercenary Sentry Gun (Tower Sentry Caldari III)
4x Elite Frigates (Mercenary Wingman) (Web/ scramble)
3x Cruisers (Mercenary Commander)
2x Battleships (Mercenary Overlord)
Ambush Spawn 2:1x Mercenary Cruise Missile Battery (Cataclysm Cruise Missile)
1x Battleships (Mercenary Overlord)
- To manage aggro, trigger the first ambush by attacking the Mining Corporation Headquarters station.
- The Mining Corporation Headquarters station drops mainly T1 modules and some Faction ammo.
- The mission is flagged completed once you have triggered both spawns i.e. by maneuvering your ship to within 10km of the locked acceleration gate or by destroying the station.
- Fly to the gate in a shuttle, trigger the ambush, warp out. Better yet: Use a frigate with a microwarpdrive! Better still: use an MJD battleship, align towards the gate and hit the MJD, the mission will complete as soon as you land
- Note: The Mercenary Wingman frigates will spawn on top of the warp gate. You may get webbed/scrambled if you're not fast enough in warping out.
- Mining Corporation headquarters has very high HP (approx. 306,550 total).
Loot and BountyLoot + Salvage: ~1.5 mil (http://evepraisal.com/e/15886191)
Bounty: ~1.3 mil
Recon (3 of 3), Level 4
Mission type: Recon
Space type: Deadspace (MWD works)
Damage dealt: All types (EM, Therm, Kin and Exp.)
Extras: Toxic gas cloud damage
Recommended damage dealing: N/A
Recommended ships: Any well tanked battleship (Raven, Dominix.) or battlecruiser (Drake, Myrmidon, Hurricane.) or a fast cruiser. (Stabber.)
There are no NPC ships to kill. The next warp gate is 60km away from the warp-in point. The gate is configured to reject Capsules and Capitals.
Unconfirmed: Toxic cloud will be disabled upon losing your ship and will not re-enable.
(Confirmed by Dai Verdigris 14Aug2012. Lost a frigate, returned with battleship. No clouds))
(Confirmed by IcareAboutOre 09Dec2013 : Lost a rookie frig, came back in a MWD fitted frig. No cloud, no damage.)
(Falsified by IcareAboutOre 13Dec2013 : Trick did not work. Either they fixed it, or it only works *sometimes*)
(Confirmed by Lelira Cirim 30Dec2013 : Lost a shuttle, came back in a shuttle. No cloud, no damage.)
(Semi-Confirmed by Restrikt 08Feb2014. Lost Frigate, came back in Tengu. Cloud was there and received only one tick of damage)
(How it works: The waves take 4:00, if you warp back shortly after the final wave, they don't reset and you can fly to the gate unmolested. If you come back too fast they are still going and you can die. If you wait too long they start a new set of waves, or if someone else warps in that would restart it too. The way to do this safely is to start a 4 minute timer as you start to warp, then warp out as soon as you land (about half the time a shuttle can make it out), redock get a new shuttle if needed, be moving the same speed and direction you were last time you warped when the 4 minutes is up, warp in, fly to gate.)
The toxic environment will damage your ship in consecutive toxic cloud waves. Each wave deals EM, Therm, Kin, and Exp damage. First wave is 500*4=2000 raw damage with no shield/armor resists applied. Each successive wave has increased damage.
Wave 1 (~2000dmg) 0:15
Wave 2 (~2200dmg) 0:20
Wave 3 (~2400dmg) 0:40
Wave 4 (~2600dmg) 1:00
Wave 5 (~2800dmg) 1:20
Wave 6 (~3000dmg) 1:50
Wave 7 (~3200dmg) 2:10
Wave 8 (~3400dmg) 2:30
Wave 9 (~3600dmg) 2:50
Wave 10 (~3800dmg) 3:10
Wave 11 (~8000dmg) 4:00
A final giant toxic cloud wave 11 hits after 4:00. It deals 2000 per type = 8000 raw damage with no shield/armor resists applied.
After this final giant toxic cloud there will no more damage coming from the toxic environment.
- The toxic cloud waves will be reset after you have warped out.
- DO NOT try to warp to the (plagioclase/pyroxeres) asteroid field in the second pocket. As this is deadspace trying to warp into the second room (using a bookmark) you will land in the first room with the toxic cloud, resulting in a very quick death for any un-prepared mining ship.
Toxic Cloud Waves500-950 EM damage (at 0% EM resistance.)
500-950 Therm damage (at 0% Therm resistance.)
500-950 Kin damage (at 0% Kin resistance.)
500-950 Exp damage (at 0% Exp resistance.)
Final Giant Toxic Cloud (hits after about 10 waves.)2000 EM damage (at 0% EM resistance.)
2000 Therm damage (at 0% Therm resistance.)
2000 Kin damage (at 0% Kin resistance.)
2000 Exp damage (at 0% Exp resistance.)
- Fit an omni-tank to cover for all damage types. Needs a minimum sustainable 200 dps tank for each damage type.
- Fit a microwarpdrive (or afterburner) to quickly cover the distance to the warp gate to save time and if your tank does not meet the minimum requirement.
- If you're on slow battleship fit a micro jump drive, align to the gate and jump, you'll only have to fly about 15km this way.
- Stabber setup: Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I, Adaptive Invulnerability Field II, 2x Large Shield Extender II, 4x Overdrive Injector. (43sec).
- Dramiel setup: Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I, 2x Adaptive Invulnerability Field II, Medium Shield Extender II, 3x Overdrive Injector. (24sec).
- The mission is flagged completed once you have activated the warp gate and landed in the second room.
- You can enter the pocket and approach the gate in a capsule without the clouds spawning. A fleetmate can then warp to you, activate the gate and complete the mission.
MiningIf you can get your Miner though the cloud in the second Pocket, you find:
45 Roids Veldspar = 1382948 Units
30 Roids Plagioclase = 259119 Units
16 Roids Pyroxeres = 139845 Units